Expoquimia BIO: Vaccines: Research, technology, manufacturing and access
UNPRECEDENTED Webinar Series
Thursday, February 25th 2021 - 4:30 PM (CET)
In this webinar we will cover topics related to the complete value chain in the development of a vaccine and its adoption: from the research on the infection typology and the identification of the vaccinal candidates, the available technologies for its production, the manufacturing processes at an industrial scale and its distribution to guarantee a universal access to vaccines, taking also into account the regulatory aspects.
The Covid-19 pandemic has notably accelerated several of these development stages, allowing the development of these vaccines in a shorter period of time, and, once more, putting the spotlight on the relevance of vaccines to protect our communities against emerging infectious diseases.
- Dra. Júlia Vergara Alert, Coronavirus Group Main Researcher, Agrifood Research and Technology (CReSA-IRTA)
- Dra. Margarita del Val, Chemist, virologist, immunologist, and scientific researcher, CSIC
- Dr. Adolfo López, Production and maintenance manager, Laboratorios Zendal
- Dra. Sol Ruiz Antúnez, Head of Biologics, Biotechnology and Advanced Therapies, Spanish Medicines Agency (AEMPS)
- Dr. Philippe-Alexandre Gilbert, Senior Program Officer CMC, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
- Dr. Francesc Gòdia. Professor at Department of Chemical Enginering, Universitat Autónoma de Catalunya
Engineers, biochemicals, chemicals, laboratory staff, CEO, researchers.
Check the full program here.
Language (session): English